Since I am now living on the other side of the world to my family and most of my friends this blog is about things I enjoy, things I notice, people I meet, people I miss, history, planning for the future, love and life in general! I guess it's about whatever pops into my head which I want to share with my friends and family... and who knows? I might make some more friends along the way!

27 September, 2008

Why so slack at keeping in touch...?

I feel like I keep excusing myself for not keeping in touch better... if you knew how often I thought of friends and family in any given day you wouldn't believe how little I manage to write to them... one person in my life here suggested I stop making friends as I am too busy to keep up with the friends I already have, but that is a completely rediculous suggestion and he knows it! (It was said with his tongue firmly in his cheek!)

So here's my new plan! (why wait for the new year for resolutions...?) I will write blogs as often as I can - hopefully at least 3-5 a week, detailing my life and including pertinent photos with links to sets in my flickr account. I will send out a general email each week to my friends and family near and far, and give them the run down as well as this address and the address of my flickr sets!

I will phone my loved ones more often, and not just Frank either! And I will do this during the day and not last thing at night... I tend to phone poor Frank when I am dropping off to sleep and he doesn't always get a good conversation out of me... mind you, as an American, he pays to receive my phone calls before 7pm, so there's something to be said for phoning him later, rather than earlier!

I really miss the sense of connection I have with so many folk, I guess I am so busy living my life that I am not managing to share it with others, and since I moved to the UK pretty much all of my friends and family are in another country, another county or another city!

So, to those who live nearby, I will make a greater effort to keep in touch by phone, and by visiting. To those who live in Australia and the USA, I will make a greater effort to keep you updated here and via email and photgraphy. And to my precious family - both of my blood and of my heart - I will let you know how much I love you much more often than I have to date!
I truly miss you all and wish you were here to share my adventure with me! I love who I am, and where I am, and what I am doing with my life! I just wish you were all a little bit closer and we could share it together!

Love and hugs to you all!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home